The season of thanks and giving is upon us, conjuring up delicious food using different recipes, togetherness with family and friends and lot of great food!
Thanksgiving is all about the food, from the turkey and potatoes, to stuffing and pumpkin pie. Even if you had a big group of family and friends over, there are usually way too many leftovers. Instead of worrying about having the same food for the rest of the holiday weekend, use your creativity with the food you have to re-image your Thanksgiving dinner.
Molly Siegler, Food Editor and classically trained chef from Whole Foods Market has used her magic touch to re-create each of your favorite dishes.
See below for 5 recipes that will keep your holiday dishes tasting new and delicious!
- Turkey Pot Pie: There’s always something comforting about eating rich and creamy turkey pot pie and this version is no exception. Use leftover Thanksgiving turkey, or even shredded roasted chicken, to make this simple take on a classic even easier.
Recipe Here: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipe/turkey-pot-pie
- Breakfast Stacks: A potato cake, flavored with caramelized onions and collard greens, is the base for each towering breakfast stack, completed with a sausage patty and an egg.
- Savory Stuffing Cakes: Transform leftover stuffing into these delicious stuffing cakes. They’re easy to pull together the day after a big holiday feast.
- Cranberry Bakewell Tart: Studded with tart cranberries and baked in a whole wheat and almond crust, this spin on a traditional English confection is perfect for filling your kitchen with holiday fragrance.
- Pumpkin Pie Smoothie: Turn your favorite seasonal pie into a healthy smoothie packed with vitamin A, potassium and fiber