Three days. Two nights. 3,000 years of art and culture. LA Tourism, LACMA and The Hotel Wilshire come together to kickoff Museum LA. Since many of history’s great masterpieces call Los Angeles museums home, it’s time to get out and experience them first hand.
During “Museums LA,” visitors who book two nights or more on DiscoverLA.com for stays at many participating Los Angeles area hotels between October 1-November 11, 2012 receive two free admissions and museum store discounts at 30 participating museums. Plus, when you book your hotel, you’ll receive a special AMTRAK offer – buy one adult rail fare and the second one is half price. Offer available on the San Joaquin® or Pacific Surfliner® to Los Angeles.
A sample of museum savings and exhibition highlights include:
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA) – regularly a $15 admission fee per person and featuring four new exhibitions, as well as Levitated Mass by artist Michael Heizer
- The Huntington Library, Art Collections, and Botanical Gardens – regularly a $20 admission fee per person and featuring two new exhibitions in addition to its world-renowned gardens
- The GRAMMY® Museum – regularly a $13 admission fee per person and home to the new Whitney Houston exhibition
- Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County – regularly a $12 admission fee per person and home to the new Dinosaur Hall and the largest public display of gold in the world
- Craft and Folk Art Museum – regularly a $7 admission fee and featuring a new exhibition, Tattooing in LA
- California Science Center – offering 25% off to see the spectacular immersive exhibit, Cleopatra: The Search for the Last Queen of Egy.
Some of the art world’s most famous masterpieces that you can enjoy in LA, include:
- Vincent van Gogh’s Irises at the Getty Center;
- Diego Rivera’s Flower Day and Rene Magritte’s Treachery of Images at LACMA;
- One of only 14 known Gutenberg Bibles in the world, a 15th century edition of Chaucer’s Canterbury Tales, The Blue Boy by Thomas Gainsborough and Pinkie by Sir Thomas Lawrence at The Huntington, and
- John Singer Sargeant’s scandalous Doctor Pozzi at Home at The Hammer Museum
And since The Hotel Wilshire is nearby LACMA, it’s the ideal hotel to take advantage of Museum LA savings.
We will not sell or distribute your e-mail address to anyone else.
Written by Lanee Neil