An Evening at the Beach, Presented by Audi to Benefit St. Vincent Meals on Wheels July 26 in Santa Monica
LA’s most high-profile, and highly-anticipated culinary event to benefit St. Vincent Meals on Wheels is upon us. On Thursday, July 26, 2012, Audi Presents “An Evening on the Beach” at the Jonathan Beach Club in Santa Monica.
Come celebrate LA’s hottest chefs, and take in the night ocean breeze while you relax with tempting morsels off the grill, vintner tastings, specialty cocktails, great music and crackling fires as the summer sun sets over the ocean.
Dress is relaxed and casual, barefeet in the sand is allowed and it’s all for a great cause! All proceeds benefit St. Vincent Meals on Wheels, which provides over 4,700 meals daily to residents in the greater LA-area who are housebound, incapacitated or ill and cannot get out of their homes to get a good meal.
Purchase tickets here: www.EveningOnTheBeach.com
Enjoy the best cuisine in LA with your favorite chefs:
• Sally Camacho of WP24
• Jeff Cerciello of Farmshop Brentwood
• Brendan Collins of Waterloo & City
• Leslie Durso, Vegan Chef and Eco Lifestylist
• Mark Gold of Eva Restaurant
• Michael Fiorelli of Mar’sel at Terranea Resort
• John-Carlos Kuramoto with Michael McCarty of Michael’s Restaurant
• Joe Miller of Joe’s Restaurant
• Kris Morningstar of Ray’s and Stark Bar
• Dahlia Narvaez of Pizzeria and Osteria Mozza
• Mark Peel of Campanile
• Paul Shoemaker of Savory
• Kerry Simon and Nona Sivley of LA Market Restaurant
• Mako Tanaka of Robata-Ya.
Special presentations will be made by Clark Staub of Full of Life Flatbread, the McGrath Family Farm with a ‘farm to grill to table’ spread, Jacqueline Buchanan of Laura Chenel Chevre, and Urbani Truffles, who will be showcasing black truffles, white and black truffle oils and truffle butter.
Featured Vintners include:
• Baker Lane Winery
• Beckman Vineyards
• Bonaccorsi Wine Company
• Bonny Doon Vineyard
• Dierberg Vineyards
• Domaine Serene
• Ferrari-Carano Vineyards & Winery
• Foxen Winery and Vineyard
• Inception Wines
• Justin Vineyards and Winery
• Kalin Wines
• Lioco Wines
• Longboard Vineyards
• Malibu Vineyards
• Melville Vineyards & Winery
• Star Lane Vineyards
• Summerland Winery
• Three Sticks Vineyards
• Vines on the Marycrest
• Specialty cocktails will be served by mixologist Giovanni Martinez from Sadie’s Kitchen
Silent Auction Items
Guests will have an opportunity to bid of a number of luxury travel experiences and exclusive wine offerings including:
• The Andaz San Diego
• The Athenaeum – Mayfair London
• Hotel Le Bristol, Paris
• The Arizona Biltmore, Phoenix
• Helvetia & Bristol, Florence and Grand Continental Hotel, Siena
• The Kahala Hotel & Resort, Honolulu
• La Costa Resort and Spa, Carlsbad
• Parrot Cay Resort, Turks and Caicos
• The Plaza Athenee, New York
• Four Season Resort, Punta Mita
• Rancho Las Palmas, Rancho Mirage
• The Montage Spa, Beverly Hills
Wine and Spirits in Silent Auction:
Enjoy dinner for two at the Justin Inn, Justin Vineyard and Winery in Paso Robles, preceded by a tour and tasting of Justin’s much lauded wines. As a bonus you will leave with delicious memories and a magnum of Justin Cabernet Sauvignon.
- 30 year old Ballantine Scotch in their 1940 designed crystal decanter.
- A selection of 3 750ml 2007 Bonaccorsi Wine Company Pinot Noir. The 2007 vintage is considered the best in 10 years.
- 2010 Magnum Foxen Winery, Julia’s Vineyard Pinot Noir
- Three selections from a Private Collector:
- 1975 750ml Chateau Margaux, Margaux, France
- 1986 750ml Chateau d’ Yquem, Sauternes, France
- 1993 750ml Opus One, Proprietary Blend, Napa Valley
- 2009 750ml Beni Di Batasiolo, Dolcetto D’Alba, Italy
- 2009 750ml Beni Di Batasiolo, Sovrana, Piedmontese, La Morra, Italy
- 2005 750ml Enzo Tiezzi Vigna Soccorso, Brunello di Montalcino, Italy
- 2005 Magnum Heller Estate, Cachagua Cabernet, Carmel Valley
- 2008 750ml Masi,Campofiorin Rosso Del Veronese, Venetiae, Italy
- 2008 750ml Michele Chiarlo Le Orme Superiore, Barbera D’Asti, Italy
- 2009 750ml Donna Fugata, Anthilia, Sicily
- 2007 750ml Vignalta Chardonnay Coli Euganei, Veneto, Italy
- 2008 750ml Ottin, Petite Arvine, Vallee D’Aoste, Italy
- 3 Liter of Ferrari-Carano Chardonnay
- 2006 /2007/ 2009 Vertical Vines on the Marycrest, Cabernet Sauvignon Blend, Satin Doll
- 2009 Magnum Longboard, Redgrav Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, signed by the Winemaker along with a group tasting certificate at their winery with commemorative baseball cap for the Host.
- 2005 Magnum Frank Family, Chardonnay, Napa Valley
- 2000 Magnum Frank Family, Cabernet Sauvignon, Rutherford, Napa Valley
- Private Tour & Tasting hosted by Tasting Room Manager Dennis Zablosky for 6 people at Frank Family Vineyards. Additionally, a magnum of Napa Valley Cabernet in a wooden gift box will be presented at time of tasting.
- 2008 Magnum Domaine Serene, Evenstad Reserve Pinot Noir
- 2005 Magnum Palmina, Nebbiolo Signed by Winemaker Steve Clifton
- 2010 3L Melville, Estate Chardonnay, with a private tour & tasting for 8 people
To purchase tickets-
Tickets are on sale now through the event website at www.eveningonthebeach.com.
St. Vincent Meals on Wheels: The mission of St. Vincent Meals on Wheels is to prepare and deliver nutritious meals to homebound seniors and other vulnerable residents across Los Angeles. We serve anyone in need who lives within our service area, regardless of age, illness, disability, race, religion or ability to pay. Most of our clients are too frail or ill to buy or prepare simple meals. Many struggle to live on small fixed incomes that fall below the poverty level. We are especially committed to meeting their needs. Good nutrition and daily home visits improve the health and dignity of our clients, enabling them to remain independent in their own homes for as long as possible. Our mission has not changed since our program began in 1977. Our values are based on respect, compassionate service, simplicity and advocacy for the poor.
Thursday, July 26, 2012
6 – 10 p.m.
VIP arrivals at 5 p.m.
The Jonathan Beach Club
850 Palisades Beach Road
Santa Monica, CA 90403
We will not sell or distribute your e-mail address to anyone else.
Written by Jane Emery